Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Concept Proposal

Continuing with screen-shots and camera-less photography, I am interested in working with google maps and the "street view" function. I explored a few different concepts using this resource as a method and they all led me to back to the notion of Voyerism.  As I got distracted navigating my way around the streets of San Francisco, I became extremely aware of the people that I was capturing in my screen shots as well as the windows I was looking in. In some cases, I was able to "walk" right up to someones street level living room or bedroom windows and take a picture without ever having been there or spotted peeping in. This series of work will work really well in a book format because it will allow room for variety in the shots that I include.

No comments:

Post a Comment